• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Inexpensive Tig welders

Ironman

Ultra Member
I have a Longevity Tig/stick unit and it has been nice for aluminum and steel. I am not impressed with it as a stick machine because I am spoiled by having a very nice stick/mig rig.. I'm thinking of selling it.

studer

For what it's worth, Great Western Saw is a good company to deal with.
Well hopefully they hire someone to help with responding to sales leads, cause I haven't even received an email back from my request on Sunday. Business must be very good at the moment, don't seem that interested in making new sales lol

chipBit

Well hopefully they hire someone to help with responding to sales leads, cause I haven't even received an email back from my request on Sunday. Business must be very good at the moment, don't seem that interested in making new sales lol
Hi @studer ,

Did you manage to get a reply?
I am thinking of pw225 as well.

I think I would go cross boarder shipping.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I have a Longevity Tig/stick unit and it has been nice for aluminum and steel. I am not impressed with it as a stick machine because I am spoiled by having a very nice stick/mig rig.. I'm thinking of selling it.
I also have a Longevity tig/stick/plasma machine, no issues after 15 years.

studer

Hi @studer ,

Did you manage to get a reply?
I am thinking of pw225 as well.

I think I would go cross boarder shipping.
I only got a reply after I sent a follow up email after 8-9 days. I would strongly advise against cross border shipping on large items. Shipping costs, tax, duties, and then you gotta deal with the courier trying to charge you additional "brokerage" fees. Been through that BS dozens of times. Self-clearing packages is annoying.

chipBit

I only got a reply after I sent a follow up email after 8-9 days. I would strongly advise against cross border shipping on large items. Shipping costs, tax, duties, and then you gotta deal with the courier trying to charge you additional "brokerage" fees. Been through that BS dozens of times. Self-clearing packages is annoying.
Thanks, I did try few times ordering to US address. It was "Ship It To Us" out of Oroville. Nice service, I believe 5-10$ to use their address. They do have a forklift service. At the border had to pay taxes. Nice sail through.
One time got a laptop, border service gentleman asked "where it was manufactured", I told probably China but it was " Dell US company". He said don't need to pay taxes. It was nice of him :). I always declare and try to be polite with them.
Maybe will use their service again for Primeweld.

studer

Thanks, I did try few times ordering to US address. It was "Ship It To Us" out of Oroville. Nice service, I believe 5-10$ to use their address. They do have a forklift service. At the border had to pay taxes. Nice sail through.
One time got a laptop, border service gentleman asked "where it was manufactured", I told probably China but it was " Dell US company". He said don't need to pay taxes. It was nice of him :). I always declare and try to be polite with them.
Maybe will use their service again for Primeweld.
Ah fair enough, that would be better. I am 7-8 hours from the nearest US border so that's not an option for me lol