• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

euro mill alert - Aciera F3 (victoria BC)

mjautek

another rare bird! this time for the west coast bridgeport haters:

1714522967340.png

Aciera F3 with two axis DRO and swively table for 5500 $. Triumf (particle accelerator!) property tag and judging by the paint it looks like it was seldom used. (an anecdote from a friend who worked at NRC - they had an Aciera F4/5 in the shop that nobody used because everyone was more comfortable with bridgeport style machines...)

not cheap but I think IF it's in good shape that's an ok price to pay - euro mills are hard to find and most are trashed

as an aside... I've never used one of these but if I may offer my 2c as a deckel FP1 operator:
- the ergos of this machine look worse vs the FP1 - X and Y cranks are on the LHS of the machine, but Z is on the front and the spindle speeds are on the side, AND it's also belt and pulley (ugh)
- power feed on X only
- no quill on the regular head (and good luck finding a high speed head)
- cabinet base design means that you can't clamp oversized stuff to the knee like you can on the FP1

so, in my opinion, an inferior design to the FP1 but given the choice between this one with its shining paint and my hammered FP1 perhaps I could be convinced...