• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Man. You REALLY suck. I was an hour away from Stuart’s hometown yesterday and was thinking of dropping by to pick up a couple kits and save the shipping, but at $210 each for the smaller kits I just couldn’t justify it. The price you paid for all that stuff is criminal!!!

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
That link came out at $6.29 for me plus about $4 shipping so I ordered 2. They will arrive much later so project #42 gets moved a bit. Oh and I ordered Blue anodized. Just for fun.

View attachment 46612
Well. Here I thought I'd be pissed off at @DavidR8 because now I'd have to get off my butt and finish a project #42. But it turns out I have some time to contemplate things yet again.

The fitting nuts arrived. Hmmmm. What's wrong with this picture?

1715020452054.png

Turns out flange to Nut on the cooler is about 0.623" while edge of nut to bottom shoulder is over 0.75". I wonder if that dimension is even a parameter when ordering nuts.

Ah well. I do have a lathe and other than ruining the nice blue I know how to shorten this.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Well. Here I thought I'd be pissed off at @DavidR8 because now I'd have to get off my butt and finish a project #42. But it turns out I have some time to contemplate things yet again.

The fitting nuts arrived. Hmmmm. What's wrong with this picture?

View attachment 47656

Turns out flange to Nut on the cooler is about 0.623" while edge of nut to bottom shoulder is over 0.75". I wonder if that dimension is even a parameter when ordering nuts.

Ah well. I do have a lathe and other than ruining the nice blue I know how to shorten this.
I think this one looks a bit better. I first tried an aluminum spacer that was 0.125" thick. However it then squished a bit and was tough to remove because it wasn't quite thick enough.

So then it was trim the nut time.

1715117323052.png

Need to do the other one and then attach an air fitting and seal the other end to see if it holds pressure.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Compressed air systems can always use a good FRL.
The addition of the ‘moisture separator’ will extend the life of your installation, especially if you are using metallic piping and fittings. (Water + Metal = Corrosion)
Air lines tend to collect condensation because of the cooling effects of fast-moving air.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Compressed air systems can always use a good FRL.
The addition of the ‘moisture separator’ will extend the life of your installation, especially if you are using metallic piping and fittings. (Water + Metal = Corrosion)
Air lines tend to collect condensation because of the cooling effects of fast-moving air.
I have a water separator after the compressor regulator and that gets a bit of water.

Most of my lines are plastic and at each tap of this sort I also have a drain.

1715300113268.png
I periodically check but no water comes out of those. I think because it all ends up in the tank. So ideally this cooler and water separator before the tank should reduce the amount of water in the tank. Maybe...

Then the coolant and pneumatic draw bar source (now retired) also has a filter/separator and regulator and a lubricator for impact wrench and cylinders.
1715300251082.png