• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bridgeport Milling Machine, $3450, Arthur, ON

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
1de632cb-e519-4e96-be46-a3dc1aca3e32

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It is hard to figure out what exactly they are selling given that they are selling it with ONE picture. He includes an old vise - say $100 value, old Rusty dividing head with rusty chuck - say 300. And "other stuff" - of unknown value.

So machine itself is $3000.

In AB, if all else is good with the machine, it would be an OK price for it. Its an OLD machine, visually needs a lot of cleanup.

In Ontario I feel like its too much. There are better deals there.

The 240v single phase may be related to the white box next to the machine - so depending on how its done it may add value or none at all - after all a VFD today, new, for small motor is very cheap.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I can't speak for Alberta. For Ontario, I am stunned unless there is something I'm missing...

Without seeing it, listening to it, and checking it over in person, I agree. It doesn't look well cared for at all. I'd expect a much nicer machine for that money in Ontario.

Unless the motor is 3ph, I think the motor is an expensive handicap too.

Unless I was desperate, I would even go to look simply because the odds look too low.