• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Another cut knurler....

gerritv

Gerrit
I stopped any thought of Hemingway knurlers when I saw @gerritv 's cut knurler. But the cost stopped me.

So I'm thrilled to see this lower cost version.
So a $30 knurl wheel is ok but a $35 one isn't, is your price pain point that low? The $58 bushing it rides on was a convenience item for me, not a requirement. :)

This tool build has the obvious advantage over mine in that it can do both types of knurls. The reason I bought my wheels from Eurotech is that I was confident I was getting a cut knurl wheel. The Form-Rol wheels that I have are not as sharp (but then they were from eBay so very likely used ones), but they did cut in my prototype.

@Arbutus great build and an example of how we can build our own quality tooling even if it requires a bit of puzzling over the geometry. Hurray for CAD.

Gerrit

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
So a $30 knurl wheel is ok but a $35 one isn't, is your price pain point that low? The $58 bushing it rides on was a convenience item for me, not a requirement. :)

I don't have any memory of a price that low. Could be my memory has been twisted by time. Happens a lot to me.

What I remember is looking at the cost of building one using the eurotech parts and bailing because it was too much money. But maybe that was a bunch of other parts too. I also remember telling myself that I would still do it, but not right away. Other priorities got in the way.

I like the idea of sharpening my own wheels.

I guess I should take another look at the cost of purpose made cut wheels at Eurotech.