• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

You know you better slow down when...

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Have you tried Quordle or Octordle? Same thing but you're doing either four or eight words at the same time.
I have played many other word games like wordle and still do every so often when I am bored. But Wordle is the only one I try to play daily using the had version. I really shouldn't play at midnight every night, because they days I'm too tired to stay up I tend to forget to play it in the morning because of other commitments. Then the afternoon rolls around and I get busy and poof playing wordle is forgotten.

Maker Mike

Premium Member
What I hate is when I lose my winning streak by losing. You end up staring at the word after you lose and wonder why you didn't "see" it.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
My wife actually got wordle in one once. She has quite a few wordle in twos. I think she is the one who submits the words to them.... I refuse to play it.....

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
What I hate is when I lose my winning streak by losing. You end up staring at the word after you lose and wonder why you didn't "see" it.

I've only lost to words that killed 60% or more of players... usually it is when I have letter combinations where the list of possible rhyming words is huge and I run out of choices.

But sometimes its due to archaic use of the word. The last one I missed was parer, like get the eff outta here with that word.

I will say though I have trouble on the odd ones where I sit and rack my brain on the last two guesses. Last night I was stumped and had to give in at 1 am and come back to it in the morning after it turned out knelt was not the answer. I had even said AHA out load when I thought knelt and typed it in... I was shocked when it was not correct

1681690891314.png

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
My wife actually got wordle in one once. She has quite a few wordle in twos. I think she is the one who submits the words to them.... I refuse to play it.....
me too...

I am close to getting wordle in one for the second times too.. I just know it! I will keep using tears as a starter word until I get it a second time.

1681690995777.png

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I've only lost to words that killed 60% or more of players... usually it is when I have letter combinations where the list of possible rhyming words is huge and I run out of choices.

But sometimes its due to archaic use of the word. The last one I missed was parer, like get the eff outta here with that word.

I will say though I have trouble on the odd ones where I sit and rack my brain on the last two guesses. Last night I was stumped and had to give in at 1 am and come back to it in the morning after it turned out knelt was not the answer. I had even said AHA out load when I thought knelt and typed it in... I was shocked when it was not correct

View attachment 33621
what was I just saying about those rhyming words...

1681791341488.png

I do play another game like wordle that cheats and changes the answer until you can trap it... sometimes wordle seems like it does

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
No sweat. I was on the road to failure with that one anyway.
My second guess was your fourth one and it always ends badly for me with that many one letter variations available.
My first guess is nearly always ADIEU just to thin out the vowel selection.
You could always change your first guess to STARE from TEARS. More than twice as many words start with S than T.
And look at all us old folks talking bout our word games, lol.