• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Who Ordered This? Vancouver

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
Our first snowfall started out as rain, then freezing rain, then lots of swearing with cleat‘s on my boots.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Out here in SK. we also got rain, lots of rain finally, then snow then cold. Frickken highways were not fun Sunday evening coming home from Swift Current. What happened to global warming, my arthritic joints were looking forward to that.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
My backyard was white this morning when I woke up this morning. Just frost, but it wont be long now. Calling for flurries on Sunday. Guess I'll be slinging winter tires on the weekend.

terry_g

Ultra Member
Almost no one in Vancouver runs snow tires or knows how to drive in the snow.
This snow is going to cost the provincial insurance company millions.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Almost no one in Vancouver runs snow tires or knows how to drive in the snow.
This snow is going to cost the provincial insurance company millions.
That’s the difference between wet snow and the dry stuff we have here yours might as well be ice.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That’s the difference between wet snow and the dry stuff we have here yours might as well be ice.
Yup. I grew up in Alberta, and lived down East for a few years. Definitely know snow and thought I knew how to drive in snow.
Snow here on the island at least is a completely different thing. It is like porridge and as soon as the temp drops it's ice. Driving in it requires a completely different skill set.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Once in Victoria I went around a corner and took out a wooden sign post well the Esquimalt Police car was coming down the road so I flagged him down and was told it was too much paperwork and to just jam it together because someone else will hit it.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Only if you can come show us to use it! lol
Not a word of a lie, friend of mine hauls concrete, this one jobsite the foreman had a new hire. Young guy. The foreman politely asked him to grab a shovel and clean out the trench, loose rocks or what have you, so the concrete pipe would lay level. Kid looked at him and said “sure, but what’s a shovel?”

The foreman took him to the tool trailer, grabbed him one, 10 minutes later there’s still not much happening in the trench. Foreman walked back over, the kids standing there looking at the shovel, unsure of how to use it :D

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Not a word of a lie, friend of mine hauls concrete, this one jobsite the foreman had a new hire. Young guy. The foreman politely asked him to grab a shovel and clean out the trench, loose rocks or what have you, so the concrete pipe would lay level. Kid looked at him and said “sure, but what’s a shovel?”

The foreman took him to the tool trailer, grabbed him one, 10 minutes later there’s still not much happening in the trench. Foreman walked back over, the kids standing there looking at the shovel, unsure of how to use it :D
How on earth did the kid get hired?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
My cousin was an engineering prof at BCIT, he told me that they had to put together a special lesson for students on the workings of a gate valve.
I guess if you live in an inner city apartment all your life knowledge of the real world can be limited. Doesn't make the stories any less funny.

Last edited: