• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

What’s a used KURT 6” vise worth?

What are these guys worth?
I only need one but never know if ya need a spare I guess! Lol
761892b1f3154dc954cc5db22eda051b.jpg
73ca6f94b06ce82cd5409a9b2000983a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hacker

Super User
Friend just bought one like that for 450. It was in very good condition. New at KBC they are close to 900.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Neither have original jaws.

These are probably not D688 model - they look short - so either D675 or D660. Probably the later. New D688 latest equivalent on sale is around 650-700 CAD so a new D660 is around 500-550 CAD. Since these do not have jaws I would think 250 each would be fair - but I feel there are people out there that would give you far more - like 350 or even 400.

I assume these are 6" wide jaws.

The red set of Chinese prallers used maybe is worth like 30 at most.

Not sure what you have at the top - parts of the original jaws? One of them looks like a grove that one of the original jaws has.

Neither have original jaws.

These are probably not D688 model - they look short - so either D675 or D660. Probably the later. New D688 latest equivalent on sale is around 650-700 CAD so a new D660 is around 500-550 CAD. Since these do not have jaws I would think 250 each would be fair - but I feel there are people out there that would give you far more - like 350 or even 400.

I assume these are 6" wide jaws.

The red set of Chinese prallers used maybe is worth like 30 at most.

Not sure what you have at the top - parts of the original jaws? One of them looks like a grove that one of the original jaws has.

aab474d91ae92b81c61cb4f098ab321d.jpg

Hard to read but I think it says D688-1

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well, easy to test - just open them up to the max and measure between the jaws - well assume jaws are like 1/2" wide. If it is around 9" then its D688. If around 7.5" then its D675.

Well, easy to test - just open them up to the max and measure between the jaws - well assume jaws are like 1/2" wide. If it is around 9" then its D688. If around 7.5" then its D675.

I will check as soon as they are in my shop, having buddy deliver them to RD

In hindsight I should have bought all six of these vises that he had
. My spare sold in no time, guy loved the spare jaws didn’t care about originals.
I figured 2 is enough if I got stuck with them.
Next time I guess.

Hacker

Super User
Glad to hear that it sold quickly, that regret is better then having six of something sitting in your workshop taking up room. I couldn't interest you in 400m of cat5? LOL

Glad to hear that it sold quickly, that regret is better then having six of something sitting in your workshop taking up room. I couldn't interest you in 400m of cat5? LOL

Thx I have a box of cat 5 and a box R6 cable....collecting dust. I tried to get rid of it on Kijiji cheap but not one call. Funny what sells and what sits! Lol

Hacker

Super User
Yup know the feeling. If and when this covid lock down ends I will be making a trip to Habitat for Humanity.