• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

What is it? (auction odds and ends)

Six O Two

(Marco)
A while back I won an auction lot, mostly for a 3-jaw chuck. The lot also had a few other bits thrown in and I'm not really sure what they're for, and my curiosity is getting the better of me. Also, if you were bidding against me and were actually interested in these items rather than the 3-jaw, let's chat :D

First up is a pile of these bars. The post on the end is 5.5mm dia, or 7/32in. I'm guessing they're bars for holding dial indicators like this?
d7Y25mI.jpg

Seems a lot of them though... and no swivel clamps in sight.
WTTe2r8.jpg

Next was 3 of these clamp things. Looks like 2 of them might had arms sticking out the bottom at some point, but no longer.
yjbFqxb.jpg

Bonus round: A key with a half-moon slot; a bearing with plastic hex hole and steel cage; octagonal carbide inserts for... ; and some weird knurled thing with a through hole...
ThFcpiN.jpg

Any thoughts?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
@Six 0 Two, in reference to your first two photo's in your thread. They are Height Gage Adaptors minus the clamps.

Check item number 0002 - 0881 out on page five (lower right) simply enter the part number in the search column then click on the picture:

https://accusizetools.com/

Have no idea as to why someone would require a dozen of them without clamps as they hold dial and test indicators.

Last edited:

Brent H

Ultra Member
The clamps are beam hanger clamps to suspending things like ducting and heaters, fans and such thread in ready rod to length and clamp onto a beam.

Key with the half moon could be used for any of those switches that have the opposite male profile. The other stuff .....

Six O Two

(Marco)
@Dusty - Thanks for confirming my hunch. The amount of them definitely threw me off. No idea why you'd need a dozen of those either...

And thanks to Brent H and Chip Maker for chiming in as well. My membership to this place is paying for itself already...

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
+1 on height gauge adapters.

+1 on the beam bolts. They can be bought in stock at bolt supply. I think they retail a just under 3 bucks each in the 1/4" size.

the half hole is a clock winder. the knurled items are dials - I've seen a lot of that variety on test and measurement equipment..

Those octagonal carbide inserts are for a face cutter for a milling machine. Judging by the size, looks to be 3" or up.