• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

This is what you can expect with Accusize tools.

John Conroy

Premium Member
I bought this co-axial indicator from Accusize a couple of years ago and I use it quite often. The very first time I used it the tiny set screw that holds the adapter arms in place stripped out with just finger effort tightening. It was like the hole was one size bigger than the screw. It was 4mm I think and I just drilled and tapped it out to 8-32 because I had a screw and the right tap on hand. Today I finally got around to making a new set screw with a knurled handle on it. The two holes in the side of the body of the indicator were drilled but never tapped for the handle that's supposed to fit on either side to stop rotation of the tool body. I finally got around to tapping them out to 5mm X .8 today. All the adapter arms were machined with only a flat on one side when there should be opposing flats on both sides where they fit into the indicator so today I finally got around to milling another flat on all 6 of the arms. I spent about an hour dicking around with this thing and finally made all the parts work like they are intended to. The actual indicator and the coaxial mechanism is well made and I have no complaints about how it works now.

20170430_094913_zpsy3mvg9nr.jpg

This is the original set screw.

20170430_091653_zpse5d6tzjz.jpg

This is the one I made today.

20170430_091839_zpsmverbfri.jpg

20170430_092048_zpsxmqnuibp.jpg

Tapping the holes for the handle, they were not tapped from the factory.

20170430_093443_zpsy79ubb6w.jpg

20170430_093546_zpsu6ndmag1.jpg

Milling a second flat on the indicator arms.

20170430_094649_zps9p9vflay.jpg

20170430_093744_zpshyesvq33.jpg

20170430_091921_zpslni0m81y.jpg

It cost about half what a Japanese one would have cost and less than a quarter what a Blake would cost so I got what I paid for.

John

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Looks identical to what I bought from KBC a few years back & exact same issues. That's the crap shoot syndrome again. Another guy showed one from Travers I believe, same quality, just higher price haha. Nice selection of feeler gauges, but the body had a cheesy, ill fitting thumbscrew in there. Crazy where they decide to cut corners, the one tactile thing & that you need to fit properly with no slop.

I did own a real Blake for a while, got an ebay steal. After a while I decided I was faster at using my DTI on an arm. My mill is somewhat headroom constrained for the size of these bodies I find. I sold it again for about the same price. I have a mini lock arm for DTI (Chinese clone of a Nooga) that I strpped off its mag block & am going to integrate into a clamp to the spindle housing. That will give me quicker on/off attachment so the tooling can stay put. Just a personal opinion, everyone has a different way to skin the cat.

John Conroy

Premium Member
Peter, yes I made the grooved jaws from 6061. No more magnetic soft jaws needed for most jobs.

20151230_125129_zpsc1antrhj.jpg

Last edited: