• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

The eggscaliber, a custom forged skillet

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
On my third try I finally managed to forge the perfect carbon steel skillet for the hilt and handle I had to add. My fist two dishes were not heavy enough to hold up the weight of the hilt and handle. Shaping thicker steel took more effort, but it was much more solid and easy to keep still.

forged pan.jpg forged pan2.jpg forged pan3.jpg

On my third try I finally managed to forge the perfect carbon steel skillet for the hilt and handle I had to add. My fist two dishes were not heavy enough to hold up the weight of the hilt and handle. Shaping thicker steel took more effort, but it was much more solid and easy to keep still.

View attachment 22128View attachment 22129View attachment 22130
Very nicely done. I'd be afraid to take that into the kitchen though...... Looks too much like a weapon to be giving my bride when she finds out how much this latest truck I "needed" is adding up to....:eek:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I feel like its only a matter of time before we see you on Forged In Fire. I can just see Doug Marcaida giving the silicon dummy a pan slap to the face & then backhand rip across the jugular with the Eggscaliber hook. (I don't watch much TV but when I do, its quality stuff LOL).

Attachments

• SNAG-2022-03-19 12.55.57 AM.jpg
    SNAG-2022-03-19 12.55.57 AM.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Looks good but the handle looks out of proportion.
Yeah, I agree. I had thought about removing it and making a handle with black Markita with a pommel to go well with the hilt. However when I showed it to my aunt she insisted that it was good enough.