• Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

Tethered cars

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Kind of cool if you are into nitro speed nerd stuff. I always wanted to see this but its getting to be quite rare. Event kind of reminds me of pylon racing. We are all getting older, fewer in numbers & competing with video games for new blood. When we croak the kids will wonder what was the point of grown men flying around 3 poles HaHa

Tom O

When I was a kid I used some 2x2 wood with a 049 propeller engine to power it. The anchor point was a nail pounded into the tennis court :eek: and it went like hell!

DPittman

When I was a kid I used some 2x2 wood with a 049 propeller engine to power it. The anchor point was a nail pounded into the tennis court :eek: and it went like hell!
And I did something similar... I used 049 engines and made wooden sleds with wire rails but ran them untethered done the hard packed snowy roads! I would chase them along and had great fun. I loved the screaming buzz and smell of those engines!

Yea me too, what fun we had before the key board. Had one of those COX airplanes on a string that Dabbler is talking about. Plane was designed to crash but in reality plastic only survives so many crashes. Took the .049 and strapped it to the back of a Tonka Jeep, ran the engine backwards. Let it free on the sand packed beach and there was no way I could catch up to it. Managed the runs by shorting the fuel so it would run out rather quickly.