• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Testing code without an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or ESP32

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
When I first got interested in Arduino I had to wait until my products arrived in order to test code. it was a minor annoyance....

Now that I want to learn micropython on the ESP32 I dont have to wait for a board to arrive to test out my code.... I can use an emulator to simulate IoT on y browser.

To quote the CNX article where I discovered this emulator, Wokwi "looks like a great platform for education with support for several Arduino boards (Uno, Mega, Nano), the Raspberry Pi Pico, and a generic ESP32 board programmed either with Arduino or MicroPython."

The site has some ready made examples, my fav is the MicroPython example of ESP32 and an OLED display. So simple

WOKWI-Arduino-Raspberry-Pi-Pico-ESP32-simulator.png