• Guest, Group Cold Roll 1018 purchase is being discussed... Participate here
  • Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

Tailstock and other stuff

Johnwa

The garage is too cold to work in so I took a few pictures of some small”projects”
I made this tailstock recently to go with my electronic spin index setup. It should also work with my rotary table if I put it on a raising block. I need to cut some slots in the sides of the base because the adjustment knob interferes with the rear slot.
0B68D744-8C34-42C7-A04A-6BB327FAC6BE.jpeg

Johnwa

This is my no-spill, hard-to-tip-over cutting oil bottle. The copper pipe extends close to the bottom of the bottle so if it does tip over it doesn’t spill out the top.
27DEF32B-C3A1-47E9-A01E-CDC8DE3082D0.jpeg 13F9A637-4AA4-4B14-866E-CD6990AC9EFA.jpeg

Those are cool! Is there a set screw in the indicator holder to retain the indicator or is it a friction fit? One of those would be handy, faster than setting up a mag base and arm.

Johnwa

I’m printing a BXA sized holder today. The in progress picture shows what the interior looks like. I have it set for 25% infill. Near the corner of the dovetail is the hole for the height adjustment screw. You can’t just drill the hole later because of the less than solid infill. I’ve added a similar hole for a set screw to hold the indicator. I don’t know if is needed tho. The AXA one is just a tight friction fit and holds fine. DB74A829-1793-452E-ABEF-889A57A68530.jpeg