• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Shop supplies rant.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
How come you never have that one part or fitting you need even though you have a copious supply? I was swapping out a JD hydraulic ram this morning, old JD stuff has mostly ORB fittings, to fit to the new ram i need 2 elbows with 1/2" JIC male on one end and 3/8 pipe on the other. I have adapters from pipe to orb but in 1/2" not a 3/8 to be found after rooting through 6 parts bins and many coffee cans. I have buckets of fittings going every which way except the way i want. Called the local CO-OP, nope he had crimp ends but i don't need to replace hoses. Off to Outlook after lunch, i know i will get what i need there. Rant off, maybe i will find some good munchies in one of the stores to put my mood back in the right spot.:)

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
That’s always the way it is. I wish there was more of an industry standard, why some companies love metric oring fittings and others still use pipe thread fittings. Or like your case with hydraulic fittings there’s 30 different kinds of couplers. Like you ive got 4 boxes of brass fittings and never have the right ones, if it’s in a pinch you use a ton of bushings and it looks like junk.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh good lord man I know exactly what you mean. I just came back from my mother-in-laws' place in North Central bc where I have been working on a water filtration project for a while now. Despite having a fortune in plumbing fittings and components, I never seem to have the right ones on hand. Nearest hardware store is about 35 mins away. The various different methods of plumbing available and used in the project just complicates things all the more...pvc, poly, galvanized, pex, copper, stainless steel, brass, black steel.
Combined with the fact that I am just a DYI plumber and do many things wrong the first time makes for an aggravating experience. Arrrrggghh.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Well for $59.00 i got the hose and fittings i needed to get both grapple forks working. :oops: I was expecting it to cost more.