• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Shooting Star DRO

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have a 2-axis digital readout system originally installed on my RF45 milling machine with light use. I eventually replaced with a 3-axis system, kept this setup for some future jig or device but never really found an application. Maybe you have a machine, project or special use?

It comes ready to use in perfect condition: digital display box, 110v power adapter, install/usage manual, 2 encoder heads, adjustable aluminum swing mounting arm (self-made), 2 splined encoder racks about 31” & 16” respectively & original rack end mounting hardware. Note, you can readily order replacement racks from Shooting Star & unlike glass scales, these can simply be cut to any desired length so very easy to adapt & install on almost any machine (they are kind of a precision splined tooth steel rod). The unit was very accurate & worked great for me on my mill. I'm the original owner.

(from literature) resolution: 0.0005”, precision rack & anti-backlash pinion with optical encoder on pinion, electrical quadrature signals, TTL levels, 2000 counts/inch. Keypad: splash proof membrane tactile keys, numeric keypad, inch/mm, diameter, clear, inc/abs, reversible count

FYI, Shooting Star has since upgraded their DRO display box with a slightly different look & few more features, but they still do service work on models like these. The newer model is the BT-2 (2-axis) that retails for $599US plus tax & shipping. They are a reputable company, made in Canada, been around for many years & support model engineers. http://www.star-techno.com/prices.htm
I’d like to get $225 for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0660_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0660_edited-1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0661_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0661_edited-1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 9