• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Railway bits for anvil

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Anyone have some rail I could have to use for an anvil/ As we all know anvils are too expensive, especially if you wont be using it to much, and what kind of work should be done to it before using it as an anvil?

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Ive got some i'll part with but i need a saw to part it and i ask only for trade of other material..

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Well I've got plenty of 1/4" diamond steel plate, and some stainless sheet metal I could trade if you feel interested. Otherwise in what areas would you find the stuff lying around?

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Not many small pieces of track anywhere now most are hidden in garages :D. track can be found but in the dark of the night in full lengths o_O. Ill take some plate

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
So you're the guy! (kidding)

Attachments

• SNAG-12-3-2017 0001.jpg
    SNAG-12-3-2017 0001.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 12

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Yeah piles of loose rails around and they cut out the working track ... hero points there boys

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I have a post about rail in the classified section if you need any. Some nose picker set a brush fire trying to steal my rail this summer and got caught. Don't steal it. It wasn't worth it for this dude who set our land on fire. Btw I know who it was and he was spoken to.