• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

PRM 13x40

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
Quality cutting tools has a line of lathes with the brand name of PRM. They have a 13x40 lathe listed in there catalog for 4100 canadian dollars. I've looked and have found no real information on this line of lathes and was wondering if anyone had any information on them. I know shipping will be extra on this price, but it's a very attractive price.

John Conroy

Premium Member
I didn't even know that company existed. PRM is probably a house brand name for a Chinese built lathe but again, I have never heard of them. It would be interesting to see what shipping would be as most of the machines say they are FOB Warren Michigan.

I had a look through the monthly sale flyer and some of the prices look decent so I think I'll pay their showroom a visit as they have an outlet in Edmonton.

http://www.canadastoolcrib.com/cgi/...PAHDID=000000185768502&PARDID=892056703982901

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
I've got a local store as well in Saskatoon. Which is kinda why I'm interested to see what kind of freight charge there would be.

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
I phoned to find out. Salesman didn't know alot about these lathes. He verified the price and said it should be about $500 for shipping. Also there be no duty etc on this. So for about $5000, a 13x40 lathe could be had