• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Powder coating big oven, cnc plasma bases, help?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I've got a buddy who runs the FIRST robotics robot competition. He has two teams who want their robot chassis powder coated. I have the powder coating gear but I don't have a large enough oven to bake the parts. The robot chassis is about 24 x 36 x maybe 8" high. The chassis is welded so we can't make it any smaller. Anybody able to help? I just charge him for materials and do it for the fun. They are a non-profit of course and the teams are bunch of school kids. The robots are pretty damn sophisticated - it's interesting stuff. This is the same group I did the huge curtain base project for. Curtain Stand Project for non profit

That's the second part of this. He also wants approximately 20-40 curtain stand sets which need 12"x12"x 1/4" plasma cut bases. The finished bases look like the below. Last time @Kris Jensen cut the bases for us. With him on the West coast now I'm looking for someone else who can help out. Anybody got CNC cutter and can help out? We're looking for a deal and to pay for material cost plus consumables.

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpg
    IMG_2905.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I'm still looking for someone with a CNC Plasma. Kyle sold his. I need 32 bases similar to the picture cut out of 1/4" plate. I think I can supply the CAD files. I'll bring the plate.