• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Oversized Machining equipment.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
In my recent lot purchase there are several oversized tools. Anyone have any interest in making a deal for them?

I won't list everything off, but let me know if you have a setup that can handle very large tools (~1" lathe tools, 1"+ milling tools)

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I am interested in the milling tools. I don't have any use for the lathe tools, my little lathe is good with just 1/2" tooling.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Thanks @Alexander, I'll tally what I have shortly for discussion.

@Janger I don't believe I have any large size with a smaller shaft. :(

Will double check it all. (I don't look at that drawer often)

Sent from my iPhone.

kylemp

I'm looking for larger indexable holders, 5/8"+, I've got a pile of inserts I picked up and now I need holders! If you've got a Kennametal Top Notch holder thats what I have the most inserts for I think.. I've attached a picture, althought I've got other inserts I need holders for.

Attachments

• Kennametal_top_notch.JPG
    Kennametal_top_notch.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 13
Looking forward to pictures etc. I know lots of people in the trade in Calgary, who always like a good deal on holders.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Will get the list together shortly. Pics too. Many of it's already documented in the earlier haul pics. Just stuff that's too big.

Sorry for the delay, was in the woods camping the past few days. Hasn't been forgotten though.

Don't apologize for having some summer fun JW. You can sell a lot of the bigger stuff by yourself, just walk into machine shops and show it, the guys are always looking for good tooling deals, specially these days with oil and gas out of business.

The best way to get scrap metal for practicing on,, is to go dumpster diving behind machine shops. IE,, Union Pump, at 61 and barlow, tosses lots of old stainless pump shafts. After a while, you get to know whose Calgary Metal dumpster has what.

BradH

Hey JW: I'm interested in a large tool or two holder perhaps... and maybe some milling cutters. Depending on what is there....

BradH

Hi JW:

I noticed two angle plates in your photos - are these suitable for your machine or would you consider parting with them?

Thanks,

Brad.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hi JW:

I noticed two angle plates in your photos - are these suitable for your machine or would you consider parting with them?

Thanks,

Brad.
Good catch, I'm willing to part with them.

I keep forgetting about this thread. Haha

Would you want some measurements, or what were you thinking?

JW