• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

overprice lathe

Colten Edwards

Fabricator
STC in Saskatchewan had there auction today and I was online listening to it. Lux-cut 11x36 lathe sold for 2500. and as pointed out, you would need to use a rigger in order to remove it from the building. There was some tooling, but not much. I had done some research on this lathe and no way was it worth this amount. There is no information on this lathe although, I am sure that eventually you might find something. Everything else as far as tooling was extremely overpriced.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I owned a 1980's lux cut lathe for 3 years it was really nice. It did not have many features but the quality was good. It was probably that same size I bought it for $2100 and sold it for $2000 plus I kept the 4 jaw chuck and a big box of tooling that originally came with it.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Price of $2500 is not totally insane - similar lathe sold on auction for $3500 in Calgary few months ago!