• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Oil Can

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I keep it just because it’s such a treasure and the build quality shines when you look inside…
Good to hear, I think I'll order,,,,,,,,, no,,, wait ,,,,, that's sarcasm! Such a rare occurrence around here. lol

Maybe I can beef up the handle on mine, or take it apart and see why the oilers are tough to get oil thru.

Thanks for the review, much appreciated.

Any suggestions on a good oil can.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Good to hear, I think I'll order,,,,,,,,, no,,, wait ,,,,, that's sarcasm! Such a rare occurrence around here. lol

Maybe I can beef up the handle on mine, or take it apart and see why the oilers are tough to get oil thru.

Thanks for the review, much appreciated.

Any suggestions on a good oil can.
Did you get the Goldenrod oiler at KMS?
Asking only because mine are solid as rocks

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ambient pressure squirting is no issue but the stamped sheet metal trigger is the weak point if it always sees backpressure (oilers). If you upgraded that part you'd be 'golden' haha

Ironman

Ultra Member
I have one. It does a good job of oiling my lathe as well as any surface I put it down on.
Every oil can I have does the same thing, even the plastic one. I have no idea how the oil creeps out but it is an escape artist.
Oh yes, I have one oil can that stays clean. I have one that is pressurized with air, it seems to keep the oil inside.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
The GR is a KMS buy from a couple years ago, it works okay until I need to add a bit of cro-mag to it then the handle starts to fold. Next is to take the carriage apart and find out why the extra pressure is needed for a couple of the oilers.