• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Not Getting Alerts

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I haven't been getting any email alerts for a couple of weeks now. I saw some weren't getting alerts but then magically started getting them again.
I've tried stopping and restarting alerts to no avail.
Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I haven't been getting any email alerts for a couple of weeks now. I saw some weren't getting alerts but then magically started getting them again.
I've tried stopping and restarting alerts to no avail.
Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Did you get an alert for me quoting you here? What I thought was a problem for me turned out to be that I had two browser sessions to the site running..... I think.....

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Did you get an alert for me quoting you here?
No alert from you YYC.
John - junk and spam are empty.
I've logged out/ logged on no joy
I shut down my machine every night so it's not that the machine isn't rebooted regularly.
I'm running chromium browser and Ubuntu os.
Things have been working fine and then I stopped seeing alerts just in the last couple of weeks.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Have you got another email address? you could try changing where the alerts go by changing your email address. I suspect it's being marked as spam somewhere upstream of you and being filtered out. Try that and see perhaps?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
No alert from you YYC.
John - junk and spam are empty.
I've logged out/ logged on no joy
I shut down my machine every night so it's not that the machine isn't rebooted regularly.
I'm running chromium browser and Ubuntu os.
Things have been working fine and then I stopped seeing alerts just in the last couple of weeks.
Ditto for me.

eotrfish

Super User
John - same for me
Junk and spam are empty.
I've logged out/ logged on to no avail
I'm running Forefox browser and Win 10 os.
I stopped seeing alerts about a year ago.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I turned email notifications back on. Someone hit me up with a PM and post quote please.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I have a deeper problem with notifications. Yes, I do get emails, but I rarely use them. Email is not a priority communication method for me anymore.

Instead, I keep a browser (Chrome) window open and do a refresh to get badges on messages and new posts for my watched threads. At first I thought it was just me, but I'm now convinced that the system does not always tell me when I have new messages. It seems to work about 90% of the time but screws up about 10% of the time.

Any advice?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
The smart-a_s in me wants to say lower your standards but I wouldn't do that to you. ;^)
My email alerts haven't been working the last few days so there seems to be a problem.