• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Newbie in Lillooet BC.

Hello, new here and reasonably new to machining. Been collecting machines for the past ten years or so and now it's time to get serious about building some skills. I have collected five lathes in varying degrees of completeness, two shapers, one running and one in que, two mills again one running and one in que, and lots of tooling to support the madness.
-Don

Everett

Super User
Wow, sounds like quite a decent arsenal! Welcome here, lots of people to learn from and share ideas with.

Thanks for the welcome Everett. Been watching your channel for a while now, you have a pretty good collection on the go as well.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome. Sound like you can keep busy for a while getting all your machines up and running!

Was it on clover rd?
Pick anything interesting?
Yes, Clover rd...... Found a few things that tickled my fancy..... Picked up a cutter grinder, arbour press, granite surface plate, a bunch of reamers and drill bits and some collets etc. My poor little shop is kinda busting at the seams, I can hardly wait until winter so I can get the time to get back in there and play.... Too many other things to do this time of the year to do much more than emergency repairs on my old junk.

It comes from a 1973 John Deere 140 garden tractor. I started using the name when we first got the internet, figure if I change my handle now I won't remember who I am. :eek:

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
It comes from a 1973 John Deere 140 garden tractor. I started using the name when we first got the internet, figure if I change my handle now I won't remember who I am. :eek:
LOL. Based on that logic I should use my CB handle from the 1970s, but that would be embarrassing (as were other things from the 70s).

Now seems an appropriate time to confess that while I did listen to disco, I never liked it.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Jeeez i don't remember a lot about the 70's. Drank and caroused a lot and i hated disco. Good times back then.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
LOL. Based on that logic I should use my CB handle from the 1970s, but that would be embarrassing (as were other things from the 70s).

Now seems an appropriate time to confess that while I did listen to disco, I never liked it.
ssssooooo what was your CB handle.....

I kinda figure mine should be “U turn” because of the number of times I get lost

Also on that tangent I’m thinking the new truck should get named “Lost Soul” :D