• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New to the forum

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Hi!

My name is Tom & I am always looking for new things to learn to do with metal. I have accumulated small collection of metal working toys through I am far from using fully their capabilities.

My current projects:
-- adding some stability to my mini mill & adding a simple DRO
-- learning how to TIG weld
-- building a welding cart
-- building a mini water cooler for the welder

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Tom,

Welcome to the forum!
Awesome, take lots of pictures of your DRO setup, I would love to follow the project. (I'm thinking about doing the same!)
What kind of mini mill is it?

Cheers!

JW

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Its the brushless model from Busy Bee. The DRO will be very basic but I seen many people have something like that & being happy about it.

As soon as I have some picture I post them.

EricB

What kind of TIG welder do you have? I'm sure you've already heard these a million times before, but good clean material (talking shiny new metal, no mill-scale or oils) and a nicely ground and polished (no strafe-marks) tungsten will make a world of difference in your welds. A well prepared tungsten can give you shockingly good control over exactly where your heat ends up.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
As per my signature its an Everlast 200DX (or DV). Its a clone of Miller 200DX made in China. Comes with a 5 year warranty with Canadian branch of the company (Ontario). Plenty of documented usage online.

EricB

Oh haha stupid me, I totally missed the signature line. The 200DX seems like a nice welder, can't wait to see what you make with it!