• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

New NW member

BMW Rider

Super User
Hi, I'm Ed a 26 year firefighter here in Calgary and former auto mechanic. Always good to have some local contacts and people share knowledge with. I work out of my home shop and I have a BusyBee tools CX 701 lathe and CX601 milling machine as well as welding equipment, metal working equipment and tools, woodworking machines and tools plus a vast collection of other tools and equipment. I've mainly use them to build parts and accessories for my motorcycles and my project car, a 79 Mustang, but always find other useful ways to justify owning them. I also enjoy woodworking, mainly furniture making.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Welcome!

What motorcycle you ride?
--> I'm almost thinking we need to plan a group ride, as there are a handful of motorcyclists on board!

Looking forward to seeing you in here! We have meetups periodically too.

JW

BMW Rider

Super User
I have two bikes myself, an 08 BMW K1200GT and an 09 BMW F800GS. The other two bikes in the garage are my wife's 02 Triumph Bonneville and 08 BMW F800ST.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Very cool. I've always been a fan of the f800gs.

What kind of parts have you been fabricating for your motorcycles? I'm always open to new project ideas!

BMW Rider

Super User
The GS is a great bike, I've ridden it pretty hard at times and have done a lot of modifications and additions to it since buying it new to suit my needs. I've made a set of handle bar risers to work with the steering damper I added, a GPS mount, driving light mounts that go on the crash bars, mounts to secure a Pelican case to the luggage rack as a top box, and a few other small items. I've also made a few special tools for working on the bikes. I'll try to scrounge up some pictures to post.

What are you riding?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I ride a zx68 (1998, oldie but a goodie)

I've always said I'll buy a new motorcycle when my current ride dies, but she keeps chugging along. I've seen her outlast 4 motorcycles from my two riding buddies over the years, haha.

Some pics would be great!

JW