• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hello everyone

This old codger joined your forum tonight because I'm impressed by the working knowledge and positive chatter. Hopefully I might pass on a few word of wisdom as the day/years slip by. Basically I'm a hobby machinist although I say that with tongue in cheek simply because I'm definitely a starter even though I've been at it off and on for about eight years my experience is limited and self taught.

Actually my free time has been taken up as a volunteer at the Western Development Museum, Vintage Aircraft Restorers Group here in Moose Jaw. After some nine years of playing around we finally completed a replica of the Vickers Vedette flying boat from scratch. Shall post photos later on. Presently I'm cleaning and checking out a Kerry 11-24 lathe that I acquired last fall along with a round column mill/drill both of which are housed in the museum hangar. Kerry lathes were built in England, hobby machinist in the UK suggest my Kerry model is a keeper.

I'm considering upgrading this lathe with a Quick Change Tool Post (QCTP) most likely the BXA style however much depends on price and shipping costs. So there you have it my first post for starters. More to follow.

Sincerely welcome all suggestions and comments on the QCTP like best place to buy. Thanks for reading. Bill

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Welcome to the forum. I’m eagerly looking forward to your pictures of the flying boat.
I don’t know anything about the Kerry lathe but wonder if an AXA is a better size.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
To the forum members welcoming me my sincere appreciation, looking forward to contributing wherever I can although at age 80 I'm not the brightest penny. What no more copper pennies only at check out. Not planning on checking out just yet.

More will follow whenever I'm able to attach files. This being my third post so where's my prise. LOL

Thank you all, be patient my friends I plan on being around for a long time God willing.

Cheers! Bill