• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New guy from Niagara

AntCaps

Hey everyone,
My name is Anthony Caputo, Im mostly interested in knife making but have a general interest in metal work and making in general.
Ill post some of what ive been busy with recently.
(just to be clear the main bevels of any big blades i post were ground by a fellow names Will Nease i designed and am finishing them)
VfiIHQg.jpg

6NWMmII.jpg

I also do alot of drawing in autocad of blades in my spare time
58EmxBu.png

8376m72.png

mp9pgCo.png

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Welcome! Great knives! What steel grade do you use and how do you cut them out?

AntCaps

Thanks guys,
The blades i posted are all 80CRV2 I used AutoCad to draw them out and a local waterjet place to cut them out. I like waterjet because i cant afford to do many projects and with waterjet i can get maximum yield out of each piece.

AntCaps

Its alot like 5160 but a little tougher. I usually buy my steel from new jersey steel baron, they sell larger slabs and im close enough to the border that i can pick it up from a warehouse instead of paying for shipping here. I dont heat treat it myself i use a local place for the smaller stuff, the sword was treated by James Helm he actually won forged in fire.