• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New Edmonton member

ColinN

Hi everyone.
I'm from Edmonton and am setting up a metal working shop in my garage. I have a small lathe but not much else yet. I will be going to the A.M.E.N meeting this coming Thursday. Looking forward to meeting some new folks.

Cheers
Colin

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome Colin. I want to attend an A.M.E.N. meeting one day. Looks like there is some cool projects gong on in Edmonton through group participants.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I think I discovered them here on this forum actually. They have a simple email type newsletter. The acronym is:

A.M.E.N. (Alberta Metal Enthusiast Network)
... is about metal casting, heat engines, gear trains, knives,
armour, machines tools and tool holders, jigs and
fixtures, small motorcycles, electro-mechanical
mechanisms and other neat stuff.

They have monthly get-togethers, next ones are
November 30, 2017 November Monthly A.M.E.N. meeting at Humpty’s Restaurant
December 28, 2017 December Monthly A.M.E.N. meeting at Humpty’s Restaurant

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I think I discovered them here on this forum actually. They have a simple email type newsletter. The acronym is:

A.M.E.N. (Alberta Metal Enthusiast Network)
... is about metal casting, heat engines, gear trains, knives,
armour, machines tools and tool holders, jigs and
fixtures, small motorcycles, electro-mechanical
mechanisms and other neat stuff.

They have monthly get-togethers, next ones are
November 30, 2017 November Monthly A.M.E.N. meeting at Humpty’s Restaurant
December 28, 2017 December Monthly A.M.E.N. meeting at Humpty’s Restaurant

It's a shame it's on a thursday each month, that's a bit of a pain for me to make it to one of these.

Maybe we should plan a group attendance in the future some period? I would likely book Thursday and Friday off work, maybe get a motel or w/e for the night. Anyone interested? @Alexander @Janger @everyone, lol

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Oh I'm not saying it would go well. I was just saying it might be fun. I wouldn't recommend going if you wanted to do something ordinary.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Ok. We just transitioned from the Horror genre to Monty Python. As in, Now For Something Completely Different....

Have fun guys. Pics of the trip please. And if there is a tragic/comedic event en route, I get movie rights correct?