• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Need Bushing Machined

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
My neighbour's off road bike needs two bushings made for a shock mount that has stripped threads. I can't do it, but if anyone here would like a kick at it let me know and I will advise him. He is willing to pay, but not hundreds of dollars.

AL is fine. The ID is 58.5 mm and the OD is 84 mm. The ID is the critical measurement...it can be slightly oversize, but must be at least 58.5 mm. He needs two made, one 10 mm deep, and one 15 mm deep.

If anyone is interested let me know and I can connect you two. He is in NW Calgary (Tuscany).

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Sound like it will. He's willing to bring you the part for a look. I didn't say anything about price but you two can discuss that.

Do you want me to pass on your contact details, or should I give you his?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Rudy what kind of material do you have with that size hole? and I guess at least a 1/2" wall?

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I had a junk of 4” 6061 T6 left over from another project. It had a small hole part-way. So I just opened it up to 58.5+ mm and turned the OD to 84mm. Still chucked up, waiting to be parted off.

@CalgaryPT : if he wants to contact me, that is fine. If he brings the part by, that would be great then we can get the proper fit that he needs. It will be a very fair price for the parts.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
I had a junk of 4” 6061 T6 left over from another project. It had a small hole part-way. So I just opened it up to 58.5+ mm and turned the OD to 84mm. Still chucked up, waiting to be parted off.

@CalgaryPT : if he wants to contact me, that is fine. If he brings the part by, that would be great then we can get the proper fit that he needs. It will be a very fair price for the parts.
Perfect, I've got your contact info from the engine conversation. I will pass it on to him shortly.

BTW, I don't know him very well as they only moved in next to us about a year ago, but I think he makes his own arrows...so you two may get along. Thanks Rudy.

His name is Rubin BTW. And if you have COVID concerns just tell him...his wife is a nurse and completely understands.

Thanks again. (And others who posted as well :) )