• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Myford ML7 lathe in Moose Jaw

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Nice machine, wonder how much he wants for the mill :p

Have no idea who this might be within the city, could be someone from the surrounding area?

Hey @David_R8, I don't have a cell to use facebook, if you do why not drop him a message and see if you can learn who and where he lives and where it can be viewed. A land line phone number would be a huge help. Wonder if it might be part of a local estate sale???

Perhaps another member can come up with the answers.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Have no idea who this might be within the city, could be someone from the surrounding area?

Hey @David_R8, I don't have a cell to use facebook, if you do why not drop him a message and see if you can learn who and where he lives and where it can be viewed. A land line phone number would be a huge help. Wonder if it might be part of a local estate sale???

Perhaps another member can come up with the answers.

You don't need a cell phone to use facebook, I can see the ad on my desktop. You may need an account to see it though.

In perfect working order, multiple chucks and tools come with, including manuals. Needs nothing Belt cover is skewed, because I’m currently giving it it’s yearly cleaning. Special TIG welded drip/catch tray available separately, will powder coat if interested. Price for tray will be separate.

No phone number or specific location in Moose Jaw provided.

Last edited:

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
You don't need a cell phone to use facebook, I can see the ad on my desktop. You may need an account to see it though.

In perfect working order, multiple chucks and tools come with, including manuals. Needs nothing Belt cover is skewed, because I’m currently giving it it’s yearly cleaning. Special TIG welded drip/catch tray available separately, will powder coat if interested. Price for tray will be separate.

No phone number or specific location in Moose Jaw provided.

Hey Craig, tried using facebook, logged in then sent a message although it didn't appear to go anywhere. Scrolling down on his add his name shows as Michael Snow. No one in the city listed with that name. I give up. not enough to work from.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Craig, tried using facebook, logged in then sent a message although it didn't appear to go anywhere. Scrolling down on his add his name shows as Michael Snow. No one in the city listed with that name. I give up. not enough to work from.

I've had facebook messaging do strange things in the past, took more than a few tries to push something through.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
There are some goodies in the boxes to ponder 1) grinder spindle maybe? 2) tool/cutter grinder like Quorn maybe? 3) rotary table 4) angle table or whatever they are called ..and lots of other stuff obviously

Attachments

• EDT-2021-12-07 7.16.51 PM.jpg
    EDT-2021-12-07 7.16.51 PM.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 8

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
There are some goodies in the boxes to ponder 1) grinder spindle maybe? 2) tool/cutter grinder like Quorn maybe? 3) rotary table 4) angle table or whatever they are called ..and lots of other stuff obviously

If another member could get me an address and phone number I would try to check this sale out if it's in the city of Moose Jaw.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to drive our vehicle and rely on our son to do run me about. The only Mike (Michael) Snow I can locate residing in Saskatchewan (landline) is in Saskatoon.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
If another member could get me an address and phone number I would try to check this sale out if it's in the city of Moose Jaw.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to drive our vehicle and rely on our son to do run me about. The only Mike (Michael) Snow I can locate residing in Saskatchewan (landline) is in Saskatoon.

Ok, I sent a msg asking for a phone number.

Craig

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Ok, I sent a msg asking for a phone number.

Craig

Hey Craig, apparently my facebook inquiry to Michael Snow got through as my mail box received his reply saying 'yes its still available' Wednesday at 12.38 am. So I'm really none the wiser as to who and where he resides.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Craig, apparently my facebook inquiry to Michael Snow got through as my mail box received his reply saying 'yes its still available' Wednesday at 12.38 am. So I'm really none the wiser as to who and where he resides.
PM sent with phone number.

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
3500 is expensive for this machine. I am selling mine for 3500 in Calgary and it is ML7B - meaning it has a gearbox and a clutch. This one does not have gearbox so it cannot cut threads nor it has power feed (did not see any change gears in boxes) (!).

See:

Gearbox and clutch alone are at least 1000 value.

garball

3500 is expensive for this machine. I am selling mine for 3500 in Calgary and it is ML7B - meaning it has a gearbox and a clutch. This one does not have gearbox so it cannot cut threads nor it has power feed (did not see any change gears in boxes) (!).

See:

Gearbox and clutch alone are at least 1000 value.
Don’t think so. I’ve been monitoring machinery prices, including Myfords, very closely for the past 3 years. Yours is undervalued! As a matter of fact, I saw one in person just yesterday (he wouldn’t sell). I picked up his nice Atlas 7B instead.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Don’t think so. I’ve been monitoring machinery prices, including Myfords, very closely for the past 3 years. Yours is undervalued! As a matter of fact, I saw one in person just yesterday (he wouldn’t sell). I picked up his nice Atlas 7B instead.

I think you may be right as I already sold mine and it did not last even a week on the market.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Then there was fellow out here who had an ML7 with gearbox for $15,000... I emailed and asked if it was a typo... Nope...

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
No idea.. I can't find the ad.

Maybe it is the same machine? I.e. it moved to Bell Machinery.

I am aware new ones cost 30k and are supposedly sold (to someone?).

My limited experience with Myford more or less confirmed my expectations, it is a bit more then a mini lathe - similar to the 8x class of machines and a bit of a pain to work with as it is "temperamental" - i.e. you better get all things in order - speed & feed etc. as it will get "angry" and "chatter" at you. It is a good model maker machine.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe it is the same machine? I.e. it moved to Bell Machinery.

I am aware new ones cost 30k and are supposedly sold (to someone?).

My limited experience with Myford more or less confirmed my expectations, it is a bit more then a mini lathe - similar to the 8x class of machines and a bit of a pain to work with as it is "temperamental" - i.e. you better get all things in order - speed & feed etc. as it will get "angry" and "chatter" at you. It is a good model maker machine.
Yup, that's the machine all right.
This is from the FB ad.
Hard to imagine it will sell for 15K.
screen-shot-2021-08-06-at-10-37-15-am-png.16479