• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

My tinny CNC spot/setup

Hi ! I have to deal with a small space. In 2020, i make a small office in my basement. 11.5ft x 10.5 ft. My plan was to do computer work here, because i didn't have any space left in my house to have a little space for me. Old house, the basement is not a "living" space. I use it as a working space, i do wood working, thing like that, but not very clean, and the ceiling is like 5 to 6 ft so i cant even be totally standing in some spot.
The ceiling of the office i built is 5.4ft high. But the first plan was to have a clean space to do computer work so no problem.

Last year was not really easy, i start a little home business, making decorative furniture with a CNC router (Shapeoko XXL). But i don't like that at all. I like working at home with the family, but i don't like working with wood. The little business going good overall, i decided to upgrade and buy a Tormach PCNC440.

The thing is, where i can put it ? I have enough space in my basement but i don't want to put a brand new CNC in a dirty space. Dust is a killer for CNC.

The only space left is my office, so i make the stand to have the CNC table as the same high of my office to work in my office chair lol. I mean.. why not.

So im currently converting my small office in a CNC spot. Now im waiting all the stuff to make the enclosure because i gonna run flood coolant.

6urfeC7.gif

DFEc8WK.gif

1rwukuC.gif

a7zrYwE.jpg

I8sd0sb.jpg

zRHTmaR.jpg

8sc2kxB.jpg

dDDELdZ.jpg

144kVCX.jpg

68WF0Vr.jpg

mpO7CZ4.jpg

xjxdVfr.jpg

HWfLKd0.jpg

TTvQnkI.jpg

wUAjDdG.jpg

9NDe2Km.jpg

KojxMfh.jpg

dHFJyyJ.jpg

7ZGED4Q.jpg

5zBu4mq.jpg

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Looks nice. I just got parts for my conversion of RF-30 to a CNC - similar to yours in size and capability. Once I have a success I convert a small lathe to CNC.

Do you have some kind of deal with lakeshore carbide? Their regular prices are very high on their website. I mean they want like 50 USD for regular end mill that is 1/2in.

Are you going to make furniture parts on a Tormach?

Looks nice. I just got parts for my conversion of RF-30 to a CNC - similar to yours in size and capability. Once I have a success I convert a small lathe to CNC.

Do you have some kind of deal with lakeshore carbide? Their regular prices are very high on their website. I mean they want like 50 USD for regular end mill that is 1/2in.

Are you going to make furniture parts on a Tormach?

Talked a little bit with Carl and get a 5% discount because my order was over 1k usd but yeah pretty expensive. But i love them, worked with lakeshore endmill in the past and they are very good.
I dont gonna make furniture thing with the tormach, i bought it because i was bored making thing like that. Im currently designing knife !!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi ! I have to deal with a small space. In 2020, i make a small office in my basement. 11.5ft x 10.5 ft. My plan was to do computer work here, because i didn't have any space left in my house to have a little space for me. Old house, the basement is not a "living" space. I use it as a working space, i do wood working, thing like that, but not very clean, and the ceiling is like 5 to 6 ft so i cant even be totally standing in some spot.
The ceiling of the office i built is 5.4ft high. But the first plan was to have a clean space to do computer work so no problem.

Last year was not really easy, i start a little home business, making decorative furniture with a CNC router (Shapeoko XXL). But i don't like that at all. I like working at home with the family, but i don't like working with wood. The little business going good overall, i decided to upgrade and buy a Tormach PCNC440.

The thing is, where i can put it ? I have enough space in my basement but i don't want to put a brand new CNC in a dirty space. Dust is a killer for CNC.

The only space left is my office, so i make the stand to have the CNC table as the same high of my office to work in my office chair lol. I mean.. why not.

So im currently converting my small office in a CNC spot. Now im waiting all the stuff to make the enclosure because i gonna run flood coolant.

6urfeC7.gif

DFEc8WK.gif

1rwukuC.gif

a7zrYwE.jpg

I8sd0sb.jpg

zRHTmaR.jpg

8sc2kxB.jpg

dDDELdZ.jpg

144kVCX.jpg

68WF0Vr.jpg

mpO7CZ4.jpg

xjxdVfr.jpg

HWfLKd0.jpg

TTvQnkI.jpg

wUAjDdG.jpg

9NDe2Km.jpg

KojxMfh.jpg

dHFJyyJ.jpg

7ZGED4Q.jpg

5zBu4mq.jpg
Tell us more about the Saunders pallet.

Tell us more about the Saunders pallet.
Everything Saunders make are great lol, the black fixure plate (7075) gonna be bolted to the table, after that i can use the Mod vise or fix one blank pallet. I gonna make lot of pallet system with mitee bite. My first choice was the Pierson Mini but over my budget. Very happy so far