• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

My other lathe transmission maintenance (October 2015)

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
I have another lathe in my studio, the East German wmw200-500. I got it in June 2015, but it was out of order. It opened my road to repair, and I also began to learn the knowledge of circuits.

After a long inspection, find a fault, replace a rectifier bridge, and then find another fault: no output from the gearbox.
IMG_6420.JPG

So I took it out of the base and opened it up DSC09996.JPG
This should be the wrong lubricating oil caused by the fault, very viscous, beyond the normal range of addition, the formation of some gelatinous obstacles.

Circuit inspection found that there is a DC-24V electromagnetic clutch is bad, the first use of ultrasonic cleaning viscosity is very large grease, very difficult!
DSC00004.JPG

And remove all gears, bearings, gaskets and other parts in turn (because it is difficult to clean up the tiny space inside).
DSC00024.JPG

Locate and disassemble the faulty electromagnetic clutch
DSC00148.JPG DSC00120.JPG

Rewind and test, wrap, dip paint, dry, assemble
IMG_7115.JPG
IMG_7117.JPG
IMG_7127.JPG IMG_7134.JPG IMG_7146.JPG
Start installing all the gears and shafts
IMG_7221.JPG IMG_7377.JPG

This should be the wrong lubricating oil 变速箱资料.jpg
QQ截图20230312030225.jpg

Junction box distribution