• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Mitutoyo Micrometer

Cryoine

The machine shop operator that I got my lathe from has a few of these Micrometers that are old but brand new, never been used and in some cased never removed from the original wrapping. he actually told me that he is going to be selling them as he doesn't use them in his normal day to day work (Vernier's are good enough for him). A quick amazon search showed these clocking in around 600+ dollars

image_2022-09-11_174158061.png

Isn't it beautiful

Attachments

• image_2022-09-11_174205973.png
    image_2022-09-11_174205973.png
    902.3 KB · Views: 6

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I have a Starrett anvil micrometer like this - they are very nice, but a little touchy to get good accuracy. I lucked into a M&W set of micrometers shortly after, so I've never used my Starrett....

I really love my Mitutoyo equipment. They just seem to be so well made.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I sold my M& W 2-6 set, used for $110 CAD like 2 weeks ago. 6-12 sets are a bit more $$$ but harder to sell. I have a Starrett set & some other company that both combined get me 6-9. I replaced my M&W with what looks like brand new Starrett 1-6, Individual pieces for $350.