• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

*mint* Craftex knee mill CX602, $5500, Calgary, AB

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ya that does look familiar. Possibly another one but quite possibly a flip by someone trying to make a fast buck.
As I've mentioned I own the exact machine as this one and really do quite like it for what it is but I would not pay $5500 for one. If I had that sort of money to spend on a mill I'd be looking at a new dovetail bench machine or a used Bridgeport type.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
This is the same flipper that has other over priced stuff - he just uses different name ;)

Just ignore him or maybe stop posting any "deals" by him.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
CX602 isn't listed on the BB web site, I guess they're done being available.

I don't mind posting flipper stuff, this way everybody knows it and might be able to call the guy on it. The more people that know a flipper the less people are likely to deal with him.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
CX602 isn't listed on the BB web site, I guess they're done being available.

I don't mind posting flipper stuff, this way everybody knows it and might be able to call the guy on it. The more people that know a flipper the less people are likely to deal with him.
I agree.

BB hasn't sold the CX602 for awhile now (10years maybe?) But they sell a CX603 which looks very simar but that is NOT the same as the CX602.

The newer version is a bigger, heavier machine and in my opinion, is quite overpriced ($7500) compared to other options out there.

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
KBC has their version VM-22-R8 at about the same price. I believe Grizzly has a version as well.
It's the same as my older KBC830, it's the only mill I've ever owned/used so nothing for me compare to.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member

4600 USD with power feed. So $6200 CAD. Without power feed call it $6000 CAD.

I do not know about you, but I would rather have a brand new machine for a bit more. Or bigger used machine for the same price.

What would be a fair price for this machine? $4000? It is in mint condition (need to verify this)

This guys name is 'Chris' (not to be confused with me ;) ). There is yet another 'Chris' who sells regularly woodworking stuff on Kijiji who lives in the Acadia neighbourhood who is a decent fella as well - and is not the seller in the ad.

I've had the seller in the kijiji ad above (cwood/chris/jerkbag) contact me a number of times in the past when i've had a piece for sale - refurbished tablesaws, etc. He's always lowball me at 50% of what i was listed at and then proceed to say my equipment was junk and broken, etc etc.

He's an asshole of the highest order. He cycles thru new Kijiji identities regularly so his bad reviews dont follow him.

To be fair, I'm admittedly also a bit of an asshole but have been told I have 'loveable' qualities. I dont grind people on Kijiji/facebook and I dont make lowball/insulting offers.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Just inquired about a Force International 45 on Kijiji in Airdrie, AB. Was listed as w/ DRO. $2000. Seller just noted it was no longer for sale. Wonder if that means that our buddy, Cwood, snapped it up & will soon be relisting it for $4000?