• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Milltronics Partner 1

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Just starting a thread about my milltronics Partner one because @YYCHobbyMachinist asked about it
It is a 40 taper 7.5hp CNC mill from 1995

Attachments

• 20170928_103654.jpg
    20170928_103654.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170926_124133.jpg
    20170926_124133.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20170929_111518.jpg
    IMG_20170929_111518.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20170929_120901.jpg
    IMG_20170929_120901.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 24

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Very nice Alex.

Is that a home made “moving sled”? Do i see the steel rails on the trailer as well? How did you get it off the trailer? Looks like a come-along to pull it into the garage?

Sorry for all the questions. Moving machinery is fascinating...

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I bought that machine from a friend and delivery was included. He made that cool skid that fits in some rails welded to the trailer deck. He winched the skid into the garage with a 12v winch. The hole operation was really smooth.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Very clever idea. Great solution to a potentially very challenging problem when no cranes or other lifting devices are available.

have you moved yours into that new shop yet?

Yes, all but the SM1340 and the Bridgeport. They will move once the new area in the big shop is all closed in. I have 3 of the four walls built. Working on the last one, the support beam and then the ceiling (mezzanine floor).

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I'm guessing it was a 5 1/4 floppy.
I had a trouble call in to the IT guys one time when my drive wasn't working. They called me some not nice names when they found (as a joke) a 5 1/4 floppy in the cd drive. I laughed for about a week, it still makes me chuckle. Funny thing is the floppy fit perfectly in the cd drive.

Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Nope it was 3.5 inch floppy. The controller is powered by a regular 486 computer. It just has more ISA slots than a home PC. I forgot I added some cheap LED strip lights too.
20201107_172111.jpg

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Me three! I've got one or two of those old floppies around here some where. I'll have to find one and see if it does actually fit in a CD drive.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
that machine of Alex’s is a good machine with a big table and lots of travel. It may have a lot of years on it but it’s just as or even more capable than new ones.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
that machine of Alex’s is a good machine with a big table and lots of travel. It may have a lot of years on it but it’s just as or even more capable than new ones.
Thanks! Find my thread in welding techniques called Fabrication DIY videos? where I use this machine to cut out a bumper:D

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Looks like a perfect home garage machine! Just the right size both power wise and overall size wise.

Ah good old ISA slots - slap in SoundBlaster 16 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_16) and get it to play some tunes!

My first non commodore computer was powered by Cyrix clone of an Intel chip - 486DLC33.

I am in the market for a small CNC but its not easy to get them in right size at the right price. Last auction had an old beaten Tormach got close to new price - you could get them cheaper off ads or eBay.