• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Milling Machine BC Auction

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
BCAction.ca and search "milling".
Listed as a Stirling 7x30. Good size for home shop.
8225670_Main.jpg

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
BCAuction.ca will get you started.
Location is Surrey BC
Details:
Milling Machine

Manufacturer: Sterling Industries
Model: VH0-A
Serial: 831
Year: 1983

Unable to test Milling Machine - main power is not a standard plug
Operating condition of this unit is unknown
Large dent in electrical box and door has a broken hinge
Spindle head turns freely by hand
Table dimensions: 7 inches x 30 inches
Bin of miscellaneous parts/accessories included
Unit may be incomplete - parts may be missing/damaged
Surface damage is present - minor marks, scratches, dusty/dirty, oil stains, dents, some damage/cracks

JReimer

That is exactly the size of machine I was hoping for. Can't find out much info on the model. Is that the spindle motor hung underneath the head? Probably not for me as I don't know enough but if it is cheap enough it might be fun to find out :)

r-sim

Very interested in this one! The mill is the next (last? hah, as if!) piece of equipment that we need to replace pretty urgently at the Vancouver Hack Space, as our current mill's owner has mentioned wanting it returned as he now has a workshop of his own. My poor wallet - we only just replaced the lathe too for the same reason!

r-sim

oh nope, I'm skipping this one after all - my hands are full right now and this mill would be Yet Another Project. Hopefully another similar one will come up soon that'll be a bit less of a project.

Good luck @PaulL!

JReimer

If I bid on this, am I bidding against anyone else here?
I hope you get it. it looks like a good deal as it is only at $760 right now with 4hrs left. I wont be bidding against you so just rooting for you and looking forward to see the pics afterwards :)

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Don't hold back on my account - my transport for the thing is failing, so I have to let it go.