• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Members Meetup Calgary | Coffee Shop | Saturday, April 16th, 2016

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Everyone,

Time for another meetup!

We'll be meeting at the Tim Hortons at: 444 58 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0P4
Map Link: https://goo.gl/ad49iY

Meeting time will be 10:30am, Saturday, April 16th.

As always, bonus points if you bring something you've been working on, or something cool to show the group!

Please RSVP by clicking this link:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/saturd...algary-coffee-shop-meetup-tickets-24439504215

Your RSVP is important, as we may need to communicate with Tim Hortons if enough people are coming. Maybe even a larger location will be needed.

Last time we had close to the limit that we should, if we see more than 15 RSVP's in the next week I'll likely need to update the venue. Just a heads up! Please be sure to check back here before the actual meetup date to be safe!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

JW

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Tim Hortons is a good location. I have RSVP'D my spot. Looking forward to this. Everyone has one more weekend to put the finishing touches on there creations for the meet up.

Jimbojones

Okay...June is here. Perhaps a ride (for those that do) and then stop @ meetup...before month's end?

BTW -someone was passing around small motor parts last time...looked nice but didn't get a chance to oogle. If interested in bringing again, would like a chance to check them out.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Unfortunately I'm not available much for the next two weeks to help coordinate. I am happy to plan for July 9th meetup if it's all the same to everyone else?

Alternatively, if you guys want to pick a date, I can setup the invites and everything, just wont be able to attend or anything. (Which is fine too! Meetup's shouldn't be bound to my schedule!)

Let me know how everyone wants to proceed!

JW

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The engine parts were probably my radial work in progress. Sure, can bring along next time. I had a similar issue - there were some show-and-tells I wanted to check out at the 'other' end of the donut table.
Machining has been kind of quiet for me with summer here, but I try & use the crappy weather days & bits of free time for smaller projects & do-dads.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Guys, Definitely over do for our next meetup now!

Getting back into the groove a little more on my end. Does Saturday the 30th work for everyone?
--> Gives about 2 weeks for me to send out the notifications and everything like usual.

I'm thinking a meetup, then group motorcycle ride for anyone that rides and wants to come! (Out past Brag Creek maybe?)

Let me know if this doesn't work for anyone who's expressed interest here, and we can work a date. (@Janger @Dabbler @PeterT @Jimbojones @kylemp @Alexander )
If I don't hear back in the next day or two, will push off assuming it's OK!

The 23rd is still an option too, just a little less time to give other users a heads up, but let me know your thoughts!

JW

sorrelcreek

Sorry won't be around for either of those weekends summers a little busy with camping and family stuff. If there's going to be another one later on I'll be around more.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
July 23works good for me. July 30 and 31 i am at at chump car in edmonton. They are running $500 cars on Castrol Raceway in two 12hour races. Look it up it is the most fun you can have in a beater car. Real cheap cars going real fast. I can do the 23 though.

kylemp

I won't be able to make it until after the 29th.. Work kinda gets in the way of my life it seems like.

Jimbojones

Thanks for putting the July meet together. Unfortunately, my father passed away this week and I was unable to attend.

Apologies if anyone brought stuff to show me...really do want to see, just not the right time.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Thanks for putting the July meet together. Unfortunately, my father passed away this week and I was unable to attend.

Apologies if anyone brought stuff to show me...really do want to see, just not the right time.
No worries. My sincere condolences for your loss.

I'm planning a follow up meetup for about a month from now, we can coordinate together to be sure you can make the next one!

JW

kylemp

So are you guys going to do one of these in the first 15 or so days of a month? Cuz I can't get away for the tail end of the months these days with work.