• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Manual For Princess Auto (Yellow and Black) Hydraulic Lift Cart (660 lbs)?

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Can't find my manual for this older lift cart and I need the replacement seal numbers for the cylinder. Hopefully they are listed in the manual, but can't find one online. Does anyone have the manual or the seal numbers?

I can take it apart of course, but the cart is 20 yrs. old and the seals will likely fall apart when I use a pick to remove them. Then you are going from store to store to match them...not as easy as just Priming 'em :)

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
When I did the spool valve on the loader I had someone go to the local hydraulic shop and they matched them up on the spot. I know you’d rather have the parts ahead of time, just saying a lot of hydraulic stuff is pretty standard. Heck I bet my loader is 50 years old, I was envisioning having issues getting parts for it.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
When I did the spool valve on the loader I had someone go to the local hydraulic shop and they matched them up on the spot. I know you’d rather have the parts ahead of time, just saying a lot of hydraulic stuff is pretty standard. Heck I bet my loader is 50 years old, I was envisioning having issues getting parts for it.
Yup you're right. Not worried about availability, but if past experience is an indicator the seals will disintegrate upon removal and you won't be able to read the number or measure well. If you get the experienced guy at the counter it's easy; but if not it can be trial and error (and several trips). Used to be PA had a seal kit for these, but you needed the number. I've found a couple of occasions where if you know the SKU and even if PA discontinued the product you could (for a while at least) still get them mailorder from their warehouse.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
So that puts it around the year 2000, yes?

I think I have an original PA catalogue from that era. I‘ll check if they listed a repair kit for your lift - once I get home.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
So that puts it around the year 2000, yes?

I think I have an original PA catalogue from that era. I‘ll check if they listed a repair kit for your lift - once I get home.
Yes it does. Thanks. Appreciate that. You're right, sometimes they have the seal kit right next to the product :)

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi Pete,

I believe this is your item. It is listed in my Fall & Winter 2000 PA catalogue #233.

A463439E-631D-4209-B694-87D36DAEC6CA.jpeg

It does give the part number, but, unfortunately, no maintenance kit is listed for it. Unlike the item above it: it lists both the jack & the maintenance kit.

Would have been nice.

Maybe the part number for the lift will help you out at least a little bit..

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks. I did contact PA and they said they stopped likely selling the kit when the item was discontinued. No matter—they are a readily available seal and I'll just do some local hunting. Probably good to get out and talk to real people. I'm sure my wife is tired of me wondering around the house talking to myself anyways :)

I really appreciate you looking though. Thanks.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
No worries.

FluidSeal have a huge selection of hydraulic parts, both SAE and Metric. (Not affiliated)