• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Tips/Techniques Linley jig borer/small mill $750

Tips/Techniques

Ian Moss

Unfortunately, too far away for me. The collets are definitely not MT 1 from what I see in the picture.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
This uses specialized collets. Depending on year - it looks like 1960s model 1A. For model A collets are impossible to get. For model 1A almost impossible to get but you can modify some rare collets to make it work.

I.e. without collets machine is more or less scrap - unless you make your own collets to take something like ER32 or ER25.

This is why the ad says it has collets.

The price of the machine is all over the place - if you can find them. Over 5000 were made.

JReimer

Wow - you have so many cool vintage machines. This one, the band saw, the drill press. All great looking.