• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Lathe wrenches - Williams and Armstrong for sale

Kelly McLaughlin

Hi Folks! I somehow skipped past the text part in the picture post : (

I don't know if any of these are of interest to anyone but I'm listing them here before going to ebay I flat rated the price at 6.00 ea plus mailing, I have to come to Calgary in the next couple of weeks and could maybe leave the packages at Busy Bee if they would allow that? or if someone wanted to meet me there?. The available quantities are listed below, first come first serve. payment details at the time of transaction.
2 @ 803A
1 @ Williams 583
1 @ Armstrong 583 8pt
1 @ Ace 3/8
1 @ Williams #3 11/16 open end
7 @ Armstrong 35-514 8pt
7 @ Armstrong 584
11 @ Williams 584

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi Kelly I’m interested in one of these. I’ll have to check the size and get back to you. If people in Calgary wanted to pay you in advance I could hand them out...

@Jwest7788 maybe we want a March 24 forum meet up at Tim’s?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I'm interested in the willians 583 (box end 4 pt) - I'll check what size I need, but I'm pretty sure it is 3/8. I live pretty near deerfoot and mcknight. I can meet you in a convenient place and time.

Kelly McLaughlin

Hi Folks! They're now listed on ebay for more money than here so if you want any let me know. Dabbler I have yours set aside John you were checking size? If you don't need it it's no problem I just don't want to see anyone get left out I offered them here first.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The one I want is the 3/8 Armstrong, if you still have it. it is the right size for my toolpost.

Kelly McLaughlin

Hi Dabbler, i put in the text yours was set aside, not to worry. I'll contact you when I sort out when I'm headed in to pick up my new mill.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi Folks! They're now listed on ebay for more money than here so if you want any let me know. Dabbler I have yours set aside John you were checking size? If you don't need it it's no problem I just don't want to see anyone get left out I offered them here first.

Yes - not sure if you have a 9/16” box or square sized one? That’s a what I need. Also 3/4 and 1” hex. Thanks Kelly let me know. I can pay you via etransfer and probably let dabbler pick up at the same time? Ok with you @Dabbler ?

Kelly McLaughlin

Hi John! Sorry I don't have those sizes just 3/8 and 7/16 in the square nd 8 sided and an 11/16 open end. If I run across anything else in my purge I'll drop you a line. Moving is great! after 25 years I'm finding all sorts of things I'd forgotten I had : )

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
@Jwest7788 maybe we want a March 24 forum meet up at Tim’s?
Hey @Janger

I'm open to this, I can't make it though unfortunately. (This month is basically a write off for me with my own ongoing move, weekends, in particular, I am using to move my shop.)

Shoot me a text or call to discuss and we can get it organized though.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi John! Sorry I don't have those sizes just 3/8 and 7/16 in the square nd 8 sided and an 11/16 open end. If I run across anything else in my purge I'll drop you a line. Moving is great! after 25 years I'm finding all sorts of things I'd forgotten I had : )

Hey Kelly,
Any chance that you have a machinist precision level in your stuff that you might want to get rid of?

Don

Kelly McLaughlin

Hi Don! not that I'm selling in this round : )
I do have an extra combination set that I have for sale,I 'll post pics of it here I've got so mant ads going I'm starting to loose track : ) I've got it on ebay for 99.00 if anyone here needs it 70.00 and I can get it to calgary with the wrenches.

Attachments

• DSCF0900.JPG
    DSCF0900.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF0901.JPG
    DSCF0901.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 13

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought a 6" 45/90 combo Chinese mini like that from Accusize via Amazon. Meh... its ok for the price I guess. I couldn't justify a Mitutoyo or Starrett & so many of the ebay ones look like they were stored in Grandpa's wet toolbox since the 50's. The Accusize heads are amazingly accurate against my precision squares but... you just KNOW there has to be a BUT... :) The groove in the rule was shoddy grinding. So as you slide it in & out it makes this un-cool interrupted almost ratchety sound. Picture a Mitutoyo, lightly oiled, smooth Vsssssst. Well its the opposite of that :) I worked on it for a good half hour with some stones & now its much better. Pardon the ramble, I'm a tool junky. I think PET is a decent, more reasonably priced USA brand. Probably should have gone that route.

Kelly McLaughlin

Actually if you search the brand and Part number that set is US made and retails for 197.00 US It's a good tool, Nicely made and that one was the Hardened version. The set I kept I bought from Snap-on 35 years ago and has given excellent service.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought a 6" 45/90 combo Chinese mini like that from Accusize via Amazon. Meh... its ok for the price I guess. I couldn't justify a Mitutoyo or Starrett & so many of the ebay ones look like they were stored in Grandpa's wet toolbox since the 50's. The Accusize heads are amazingly accurate against my precision squares but... you just KNOW there has to be a BUT... :) The groove in the rule was shoddy grinding. So as you slide it in & out it makes this un-cool interrupted almost ratchety sound. Picture a Mitutoyo, lightly oiled, smooth Vsssssst. Well its the opposite of that :) I worked on it for a good half hour with some stones & now its much better. Pardon the ramble, I'm a tool junky. I think PET is a decent, more reasonably priced USA brand. Probably should have gone that route.

I've always wanted to try an expensive 45/90 combo set but get by with cheaper 12" straight 90 combo. I had once "splurged" on a chinese two rule set but the sliding was so rough as you described, I sent it back.
I gotta say that I've always been pleased with the accuracy of mine and find it hard to imagine how that could be improved. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. I probably should have jumped at Kelly's set.

Don