• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Kijiji searching

M

Max Simons

Hey guys,

What are some of the search terms that you guys use to find stuff on Kijiji?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Going in straight for the trade secrets eh? :p

I use the typical things you would imaging, but to keep an edge I have a set of software constantly checking kijiji and posting new ads to my cell that match my criteria. :)

Machinist, machining, lathe, mill, etc.

M

Max Simons

Ahhhhhh, I was wondering if there was software that could do that. What's it called?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That's cool. Can you elaborate on the RSS thing & do you have a link for boxer? I never knew such apps existed. I promise no-compete on Kijiji, I'm more of an ebay hound anyway :\
I think there are ways to set up alerts there too but using their rudimentary tools. I'd probably deplete my piggy bank if it started feeding me deals.

EricB

I just have the Kijiji app and have certain searches saved like "Lathe" and then it automatically checks once a day and notifies me if anything is new. Probably not nearly as good as that RSS thing, I'm not a technology guy. :p I'll have to look into that.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
RSS readers are actually more of an old school software, not nearly as common as they once were.

You'll probably have the best luck googling the same for a full explanation, but essentially, many websites with dynamic or user contributed content keep a "feed" or "RSS feed" running with all the latest stuff in it. Hand in hand are readers that check frequently for changes to the feed.

Boxer is an iOS app. ;)