• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

It's not because we need it...

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Nice little vise. I've got some watchmakers ones about that size, maybe slightly bigger. They can be handy.

Part of the bigger vice I suppose - tools. Normal people watch the Kardashians and sports instead of making things. By that standard all in my fairly extensive shops (garage and basement) are "wants".

I was visting a friend a week ago with a nice set up, several Schaublin 70 lathes. I commented he's got to be pretty happy with that great array of them and without missing beat he shot back "for sure, but I'd be even happy with another" Its a disease.

I seem to remember those little vice's were part of a fly tying kit sold in outdoors mags.
Interesting..... I have tied quite a few flies and have several vices, but never thought this was a fly tying vice....... I had it pegged as some kind of promotional thing, a conversation piece if you will. ;)

And, just because it was the biggest hand drill I have ever seen....... 20211125_104456.jpg
It's a black and decker, 10 amp draw and 36 rpm......

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
sweet drill. What is the motor above it being used for? seems to have a purposeful shelf.

I have been thinking it would be a good drive motor for line boring etc., but to be truthful I really only bought it for the "mine is bigger than yours" factor, and for the $20 I paid for it, needs a better cord, but aside from that it works great. Even came with the key.
I have a chain fall at the wood shed that falls into the same category......

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I have a chain fall at the wood shed that falls into the same category......

I have a nice 3ton on my overhead. But if I can ever find it, I have a really old 18xx (maybe even 17xx) chainfall that my father in law gave me a hundred years ago. I want to fix it up and put it on display. I suspect that one of my 3 boys borrowed it.....

Wish I still had all the old tools I used to have.