• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

I'm that guy...

GlenG

Glen
We've all heard the stories of 'that guy' who builds a boat in his basement with no possible way to get it out. Well it's not a boat but it does have sails and in my little shop it's it may as well be a full size sail boat because it's going to be challange getting it out. So I guess I am now 'That guy' LOL.

I'm surprising my wife with a Tie Fighter fire pit, and got a little carried away. It stands about 4' tall and around 38" deep. The cockpit is a 20lb propane tank, 4"x4" for the arms. The sails are 1" square tube and all of the sheetmetal is 22ga.

It has been a fun build and there are still some clean up to do and o fr course painting, but close enough that I think I can get it done if not out of the shop by for Christmas.

205514D4-CDE4-44E0-8D08-204BC580BA83.jpeg

8E122A77-F0C4-4438-8F5A-BA846FA641A4.jpeg

Tecnico

(Dave)
Now that is too Cool! Nicely executed.

You're not "that guy" until you have to start cutting concrete to get it out, drywall and lumber don't count LOL! I know something about this......

If I'm not mistaken you're nearby, let me know if you need a hand getting it out.

D:cool:

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
pretty cool

would be pretty easy to devise a flange for this section with minimal extra work, doesnt even look like its fully welded yet

hobby workers.jpeg

Engmaxx

(Michael)
Dude, this thing is above and beyond anything I could imagine. You are one of a kind and very cool. Hell of a talking piece!!!