• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

I'm a king canada junkie

SLC_FAB

hello metalworking brothers, im a certified Alberta journeyman machinist and a 3rd year apprentice welder. i cant get enough of doing projects with many types of metal, most of all aluminum. through my years of working with metal ive accumulated a couple of machines built under the king Canada lable as well as a miller syncrowave and lincoln power mig. im looking forward to talking with the other members. cheers.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Welcome to the forum! What's your name? And we always love to see pictures of equipment especially cnc conversions so post!
John

SLC_FAB

Hello John, yes sorry i should have included my name. my name is Stephan and i will be posting pictures of my conversion as soon as i can gather up the pictures from my phone and Facebook. ive seen some of the pictures from other members that have
a personal use cnc and would like to be able to ask questions about their machines rigidity and speeds/feeds.

EricB

Cool! Post up some of the stuff you've made too, I'd be interested to see! Nice to meet you Stephan

-Eric

Edit: what's the story with SLC Fabrication as well? Do you run a side business or is it just for fun?

SLC_FAB

Cool! Post up some of the stuff you've made too, I'd be interested to see! Nice to meet you Stephan

-Eric

Edit: what's the story with SLC Fabrication as well? Do you run a side business or is it just for fun?
The SLC Fab is my personal dream of working for myself, its not even a registered number or anything but i was laid off in January and needed to get some cash rolling in. I was making some simple parts for guys racing at Castrol raceway here in Edmonton and I was trying to get it to take off but it just wasn't there, I produced several sets of velocity stacks but there is a few guys doing the same thing at the time and it was only word of mouth.