• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Ice storm in Ottawa no power 24hours

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Fortunately one of my neighbours rolled his 10HP generator to the street on garbage day about a year back, the thing looked more or less unused with a hand written sign won't start.

Well I thought, we will see about that, rolled it home, pulled off the carb, gummed up, they left gas in it. Cleaned it up and it runs fine. I figured the day I'm going to need this I will be farting around in the dark trying to figure out how to connect it to the house. So I made a little patch panel in a box with dual Volt/Amp/Power meters and then installed a receptacle on the outside of the house near were my welding receptacle is on the inside of the garage. Flip the main cutoff switch from the utility, connect the umbilical cord and let er rip. At one point I had the furnace, refrigerator, two fireplaces, kettle, toaster and lights on.

When did Noah build the ark?

Before the rain.

8A7F4547-6572-433A-B0CB-9F8B852B1FC7.jpeg

Last edited:

Bandit

Super User
Yes before the rain, easier when you have some place to stood. But, where did he leave it after??