• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

I didn’t want this to become a project- drum dollys should be simple...

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
623D7BC2-2BF1-4A11-AAD0-C2FC915B8AB4.jpeg 4765C314-8212-4C21-8F8B-AA2C8178D5E6.jpeg 799BCCED-C91B-4768-9CCF-6D88B9EBBC7A.jpeg
I was using these small steel drums to store extra chains and binders. Problem is once you get a couple hundred pounds in them they’re awkward to move

Black drum dolly- pretty light weight yet it fits the drum size nicely. Problem is where it’s bolted together is flimsy and wants to collapse, making it hard to wheel around. Simple solution is a circle of steel plate, drill a few holes and bolt it in place.

Green drum dolly- too large, but very heavy duty. Only issue with it is the chains, if hung on the outside, will drag and get hung up. So, do I get another circle cut out and use it as a floor?

Plywood and a jigsaw is probably cheapest and would work, too. Although I don’t think I have a jigsaw anymore.

I’m just thinking out loud here for the moment.

Chicken lights

15AB82DA-9C6C-423B-917C-9E8569146FEF.jpeg
Local fab shop quoted me $50 to cut that out. Local farm fab shop up the road quoted me $15 to cut that out.

Left it with a buddy to drill a few holes in, to bolt to the bottom flanges. That “should” stiffen it up, I think.

We’ll see if any progress was made when we make it home again

Chicken lights

D151FC4F-B1DD-48A9-A429-34F0F014AAA4.jpeg 4D47D8C3-02DC-427D-8567-CEF3EBACEBBE.jpeg
My buddy didn’t get anything done on it this week. So I broke out some tremclad and the drill and got to work.

Huge improvement over it not having that bottom plate in place

One down one to go