• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Hi!

Jim Karst

Greetings fellow metal workers and machinst's! My name is Jim and I love working with metal.

My interest stems from vehicle restoration and the metal working required to do it well. Welding, and general fabrication are a necessary skill and I've gotten reasonably skilled in those areas.

I'm doing more and more milling and lathe work as my interest grows, and I need to find a good supply of local or at least Canadian tooling. What I have found in Calgary so far is pretty disappointing (ie Busy Bee... don't get me started....).

I did a quick look at the forum and don't see a thread specifically devoted to tooling suppliers, but I know many of you have links to all your favorite suppliers in and around this area. Please point me in the right direction!

Thanks.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Welcome!

There is the thread on welding stuff I started.

We are all looking for cheaper stuff or even for "stuff".

What do you need specifically?

Jim Karst

Ah! that's the thread with all the meat in it. McDougal tool is a couple of miles from me! Fantastic info.

I'm a strong believer in discussion forums and local knowledge. In my car restoration world, I live and die with my global friends on those forums. Thanks again.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Nice to meet you this afternoon Jim, stop by any time. Great to have another car enthusiast on the form.