• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hi there You guys! Recently Converted here from Northern Saskatchewan

Tim Walsh

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have recently been converted to being a hobby machinist, for the purposes of my own company, I am an expert (25 years exp) in Computers and programming, also robotics applications. My secondary discipline is electronics (which is probably my greatest love), but now, metal machining is on this list.

So Hi to all!

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
hey welcome to the form. Sounds like you have lots of experience with computers. What capacity do you work with robots. I am trained to program and run Fanuc robots for machine tending, that's fun stuff. Have you bought any machining equipment yet?

Tim Walsh

Yes I just purchased a BusyBeeTools B2229 Combo Lathe Mill, from the Calgary store. I am really looking forward to it, as it arrives on monday --- very excited! I derived my robotics designs from the "makers fair" movement, and the RC drone technology currently available. I have a diverse background of 3d Design and Programming, including quite a bit of web development. I felt that my next step of metal fabrication and metal lathing was my only choice if I want to advance my designs. So here I am. Cheers!