• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hi from southern ontario

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Another farmer ? Welcome . . .
I grew up outside Bayfield, Ontario (South of Goderich) on a beef and cash crop farm.
Machinery building and developing processes have been my 40 year career.
Married and moved to Kitchener 20 years ago.

Where are you located ?

farmer888

Another farmer ? Welcome . . .
I grew up outside Bayfield, Ontario (South of Goderich) on a beef and cash crop farm.
Machinery building and developing processes have been my 40 year career.
Married and moved to Kitchener 20 years ago.

Where are you located ?
Yes farmed a bit on my own on the side but work on a farm full time, mostly hay with some cash crop and cow/calf. Near burlington/hamilton area

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome to CHMWs.
I know of a member who has a Lathe for sale (12 x 24” - I think).
He is in Brampton and I talk to him often.

I will see if he can send the specs to me.

Welcome to CHMWs.
I know of a member who has a Lathe for sale (12 x 24” - I think).
He is in Brampton and I talk to him often.

I will see if he can send the specs to me.
Hi @farmer888 give me a PM with your number and I'll call you, we can talk about what I have. Just tried PM'ing you, think you need a few more posts before its available for you.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from another hobby machinist and farmer in southern Ontario over by Chatham.

My career was in the Auto Industry. I retired from that 15 years ago but couldn't sit still so we bought a farm with a really nice 40x80 shop. I already had an old lathe and a few other tools, but couldn't let that poor shop sit mostly empty - so I've done my very best to over-fill it. It is drop dead beautiful now - gotta walk sideways through organized chaos.

I'm the goto repairman for all my local farm neighbours now.